Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Wilhite's Go To D.C.-Part 3

Part 3...

TUESDAY, SEPT. 16-MT. VERNON



Hope and I in front of George Washington's house.


View of the Potomac from his house. So beautiful!
George Washington's tomb



WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 17-CAPITOL TOUR AND PENTAGON TOUR

Hope and I in the rotunda of the Capitol Building
Hope in the very center of the Capitol Building (where the star is)
View of the Capitol from the outsideHope and I outside of the Pentagon

The Memorial to the 9/11 victims of the Pentagon. It was so sad.




Another Memorial to the 9/11 Pentagon victims in the distance and the Air Force Memorial in the background.

9/11 Memorial closer up-They have one for each of the 184 victims. 3 were children.

THURSDAY, SEPT. 18-WHITE HOUSE TOUR AND BASEBALL GAME


Stephen and I got to take a tour of the White House. Here it is from the front.



Stephen and I in front of the White House



The White House from on top of a hill. The Washington Monument behind it.


The Jefferson Monument


Inside the Jefferson Monument


Stephen at the Washington Nationals vs. Mets game. Barrett got tickets and they got to have some "brotherly" time.


The Watergate Building

The National Cathedral at night

Part 4 coming soon...

3 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Great pics! It reminded me of our Choir trip to the DC area - did it make you two recall any of that?

The Wilhite Family said...

Oh yeah, especially the Washington Monument and all that. I actually remember walking down the Mall with your dad leading our group. Of course, those beautiful cherry blossoms weren't out and there weren't tulips everywhere, but that was okay. ;) I actually got to see everything I wanted to this time instead of going to the Holocaust Museum and the shopping mall every day!

The Wilhite Family said...

Oh yeah...and I have a pic of you riding on the Metro with us on that trip!