Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Wilhite's Go To D.C.-Part 1


Well, we are back and are really tired, but so happy! We survived Washington D.C. and had so much fun!! We got flew US Airways out of DFW on Friday, the 12th. It was a 3 hour flight and Hope did GREAT! I was really nervous about how she would do, but we kept her entertained and she actually slept in my arms for about 30 minutes. So, all in all, a good flight. Suzann picked us up and the excitement began! We got to meet our newest little neice, Hannah. She's so cute! We of course, were so excited to see Barrett, Suzann, Hollyann, and Andrew as well! We stayed at their house the whole time and we just want to say how thankful we are to them for letting us take over their basement for a little over a week and for showing us around D.C. Thanks again guys! We had so much fun and miss you already!
Okay, I have tons of pics, so I'm going to do this in parts. They are in order by day. And oh yeah...I did a kind of "Flat Stanley" thing with some of my friends, so if you see some weird laminated dude in some of the pictures, you know what it is. Okay, on with the pics...
FRIDAY, SEPT. 12

Holding baby Hannah
SATURDAY, SEPT. 13-THE ZOO
Hope is ready for her day at the zoo! It's a great zoo and free to the public!

This is a bird we saw at the zoo. We thought it was dead, but it just turned out it was "sunning" itself! Pretty crazy huh???
Hope and Mommy at the zoo
Hope and Daddy seeing the hippos

SUNDAY-SEPTEMBER 14th-THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES, NAVY MEMORIAL AND WASHINGTON MONUMENT

At the National Archives, which houses almost every important document in our nation's history. It was SOOOO cool to see all of those documents in one location.
The Declaration of Independence


The Articles of Confederation


The Constitution


The Louisiana Purchase

Hope and I in front of some Civil War document. Can't remember which one...

Hollyann and Andrew in front of the Navy Memorial

The Washington Monument

Looking down the Mall from the Washington Monument at the WWII Memorial, the Reflection Pool, and the Lincoln Memorial

I thought this was a cool picture of the Washington Monument...

Part 2 coming soon...

3 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Yea! I'm so glad you guys got to go - maybe next time we'll come with! So, be honest, did holding baby Hannah give you the baby bug at all?! Even the teensey littlest bit?! ;o)

The Wilhite Family said...

NOOOOOOO!!!! Not in the slightest. I know I should be wanting another right about now, but I am so not there. In fact, B&S are trying desperately to get her to sleep through the night right now because she is still waking up like every 3 hours! I felt sooo bad for them b/c they are so sleep deprived. I really do not want to do that again any time soon!!! It's really not the pregnancy I mind, it's those first 9 weeks that I just can't do again anytime soon!

The Wilhite Family said...

Don't get me wrong, she is the CUTEST baby ever and is SOOO good, hardly ever fusses. THAT part I could do again, but I just can't do the night-waking again any time soon! (Just wanted to clarify!) ;)