Friday, September 5, 2008

No pictures...

Sorry, no pics to be had at all. Our camera has officially bitten the dust. Sorry, you will have to wait until Christmas when we get a new digital camera for any new pictures. Just kidding. We can still take pictures with our phones, but the quality isn't that great. Come to think of it, though, the quality hasn't been great on any of our pictures lately anyway, so I guess you won't be missing anything!!! haha...

Things are good here. Stephen's parents came down for Labor Day weekend and we had lots of fun with them. Of course, we got no pictures (see above paragraph), so you'll just have to imagine how great it was with your mind. Isn't that how people used to do it before we had all these fancy tv's and digital cameras and stuff? Just pretend like you're living in the 1800's and imagine how much fun we had...

So, anyway, we had lots of fun. We went shopping and had birthday pie (key lime to be exact) and just hung out. It's always nice to see family. Sandy and Bruce got to see Hope walking around and just generally wreaking havoc everywhere. I'm sure they really enjoyed that.

School is going well. I got A's on my first two quizzes. I just got done reading a whole chapter about maps and different kinds of map projections. A WHOLE CHAPTER!!! I really had no idea anybody could write a whole chapter about maps. Hopefully we will move on to more interesting stuff soon! I am having fun tracking all the tropical storms and hurricanes though. Gustav missed us by about an inch (I'm NOT kidding!). We got lots of wind and maybe one sprinkle of rain and that was IT! I was very disappointed. I told Stephen next time I'm going down to the coast to storm chase. I'm done with all the pretty sun and pleasant weather. I want some REAL weather!!! I watch the Weather Channel 24/7 and live vicariously through everybody else who seems to get a lot of rain.

Well, as you can tell by my totally pointless post, we really have nothing going on in our lives and so I've decided to bore you with my rantings. I will end here before your opinion of me sinks any lower. ;) Oh yeah...we are going to D.C. next week for about a week to visit Barrett and Suzann and the kids. PLEASE keep our plane ride in your prayers. I'm very afraid what a plane trip with Hope will look like. I'll TRY (operative word is "TRY") to get some pics posted from my phone before we go, but I don't expect to be posting much while we are there. So if you don't see a new post any time soon, well, that's pretty normal anyway, so no need to worry! ;)

Love you all!

2 comments:

Nina and John said...

Congrats on your great grades! Way to go! Have a great trip, and tell the D.C family "hi" for us! Love you all! Nina

the mccann clan said...

We're glad for the update, even if there are no pictures. Sounds like y'all are keeping busy! Kiss little Hannah (and Hollyann & Andrew too, of course) for us while you're there!