Friday, July 27, 2007

Made it through!

Well, I made it through the surgery! It was so easy- a lot easier than I expected. We got there at 1:30 for preop, but had to wait until 6:00 to have the actual surgery because the surgery before me had complications. I was SO hungry and had a huge migraine because I wasn't allowed any food or water. When 6:00 finally rolled around the surgeon's nurse came in, gave me a shot in the tummy to help prevent clots (since I have a clotting disorder). Then the anesthesiologist came in and gave me some anti-anxiety stuff. I said bye to Stephen and Hope and that's all I remember! Next thing I knew, I was waking up in recovery with 4 little incisions in my tummy. They put a breathing tube in during the surgery, so it's been really hard to swallow, and my throat hurts a little. Also, my abdomen is really sore, like I just did 1,000 sit-ups. I am also really sleepy from the anesthesia. But other than that I feel really good. It is so much easier than my c-section recovery was! I am not allowed to lift anything over 15 pounds for 6 weeks, and I am on Darvoset for the pain. Thanks for all your prayers! They really helped! Now we can move on with our lives-I'm so tired of feeling bad!

2 comments:

Nina and John said...

So glad you're doing well! God is so good and so faithful!

The Jackson Family said...

So excited you're blogging! We've added you to our blog buddies list. Can't wait to see new photos of little Hope!!
I'm glad Paige is doing better from surgery. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Love, Annie, Travis and Mollie