Saturday, March 7, 2009

God is good!

It's just amazing how God works in His perfect timing. I've always regretted not sticking with Meteorology at A&M, but it is so obvious to me now how it just wasn't His timing for me. When I started this year at MSU, I just happened to have the privilege to meet the Chief Meteorologist of KXII here in Sherman when he came to speak at our church. I asked him at that time if there might be any internships available. He said to contact him once severe weather season starts. Severe weather season here runs from about March through June. So, about the end of February I wrote him and we have been writing back and forth since then. He asked me this past week to come in for an interview. I did on Friday and met with him and the News Director and I got the internship! They even said that I could possibly go on air in a couple of months! I just can't tell you how excited I am and how it is so neat to see God bring this all together in His perfect timing. He just keeps opening door after door-I'm just totally awe-struck by it. It will be on Tuesday and Friday evenings and whenever severe weather breaks out, and they said I can stay as long as I want. But what was so cool is that they totally respected my desire to be with my family during the day and to not come in on Wednesdays and Sundays since those are church days. I'm telling you, it's just amazing. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for us! Wish me luck! I start this Tuesday!

5 comments:

the mccann clan said...

WOW! Congratulations - that's awesome!! Sounds like God had/has his hand on all of this, and what a blessing to be able to stay home with your family during the day and those important nights!

Good luck, I can't wait to hear how it goes! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's awesome news!!

Gary and Krissy said...

That's WONDERFUL news, Paige! We'll be praying for you and this new step you're taking. We're so excited for you, as I know growing up with you, the weather channel was always your favorite (*yawn*) hehe..."Paige, can we PLEASE change the channel?!" :) This is just fantastic.

Suzann said...

I want to say "That's awesome!" But I think it's been said already :0) But it is and I"m so happy for you! I'm sure you'll have a ball. When you do get on the air, record it so we can all see it :0) Little Miss Weather Channel!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Paige! That's so exciting. I'm sure you will really enjoy it and be fantastic at whatever you learn!