Monday, January 28, 2008

The big 2-7!

Yes, I am 27 years old. I still feel like a kid though! I don't know how long it will take before I actually feel like an adult. It doesn't help that I actually still do LOOK like a kid. I know there are many old ladies who pity the poor "teenage" mother they see walking down the street with her baby. ;) Oh well, maybe my young looks will pay off at some point...

Anyway, I had a great week. As usual Stephen went all out for me. I know he feels sorry for me that I have no family to celebrate these kinds of occasions with, so he tends to try to compensate for that fact. On Tuesday night we had pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes (one of my favorite meals) and a 3 layer German Chocolate cake with cream cheese icing, which my sweet husband made FROM SCRATCH all by himself! I was very proud of him. Once the baby was in bed he sang happy birthday to me, I blew out my candles, and opened my presents. It was a great day. Then on Saturday night a friend took Hope so that Stephen and I could go out all by ourselves! We went to the Cheesecake Factory and then did a little shopping. It really was a great week. My sister and brother-in-law are coming in town this weekend for a little belated celebration and then Stephen's parents and Collin and Janelle are coming next weekend for Stephen's birthday. The celebrations just keep going and going! We're so excited! I guess that's about it for now. I will post pics soon. Love you all!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy late birthday, you old thing! Just wait 3 more years, and then its all downhill ;-) Glad it was a fun day, and that Stephen was so sweet! He's a keeper.

the mccann clan said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad it was a good one for you. We're looking forward to seeing you guys next week, I hope it's okay that we're coming too! We'll call next week to make plans... love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

the mccann clan said...

We miss you guys already!! ;)